Student Business Development
Are you working on developing an idea or product for a student business competition? If so, maybe we can help!
The Makers at M4Reactor have been designing and building everything from prototypes to fully functional products for years. Our areas of expertise are in 2D and 3D Design, Prototyping Technologies (foam, laser cutting, 3D Printing, CNC Machining and more), Manufacturing Technologies, Programming and more!
Please understand that M4Reactor's role in this process is to provide expertise, knowledge and guidance. It is your responsibility to follow through with recommendations and implementation. M4Reactor will not make a prototype for you for a business competition.
Are you a student of Salisbury University?
For Students Attending
Makerspace Access Request
Please click the link below to request a a grant based 16 week full access to M4Reactor. This form is attached to an approval process whereby SU staff including Kathy Sterling and William Burke as well as the the Executive Director of M4Reactor must approve your application prior to utilizing M4Reactor. You will be notified once all approvals have been completed.
Things to consider:
- The membership provides you access to the space during OPEN HOURS only. Check the calendar at http://m4reactor.org/hours for open hours as they change regularly.
- Before you can use specific equipment, you must either go through a safety training or if you have prior experience that you can demonstrate you must request a waiver from the Executive Director.
- Membership does not cover assistance with working on your project. You must request consulting services if you want guidance on developing your project.
If you would like to meet with an M4Reactor engineering consultant, click the Level 1 request form below. This form is attached to an approval process whereby the Executive Director must approve your application prior to us setting up your first appointment.
Things to consider:
- You must have an idea of what project you are going to develop. Our purpose is to help you make the project a reality, not to guide you on what project idea is best.
- We will be honest with you about the feasibility of both creating a prototype and taking your product to market. You may find out that the cost to produce your project far exceeds the price people are willing to pay.
- M4Reactor is here to provide guidance on your product development. We cannot and will not do the work for you.
Only click Level 2 or Level 3 Grant Requests if you have been instructed to do so.