The responsibilities of the Advisory Board are as follows:
- Provide insight and recommendations for the operation of M4Reactor.
- Provide insight and recommendations for the services and programs of M4Reactor.
- Provide insight and recommendations for the plan of growth for M4Reactor.
The advisory board will meet bi-monthly (every two months). The Executive Director will provide for the time and place of meeting and for the agenda of discussion items. Anyone can submit additional items for the Advisory Board to discuss via the form below.
The expectations of the Advisory Board are as follows:
- Members of the Advisory Board must be a member in good standing of M4Reactor.
- Members of the Advisory Board are expected to play an active role in the development and operation of M4Reactor.
- Members of the Advisory Board are expected to serve for a period of one year which may be extended at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Each person of the Advisory Board is expected to be a representative of M4Reactor and promote the programs of services of M4Reactor to the best of their abilities.
- Each person of the advisory board is expected to bring all ideas, concepts, concerns and other thoughts they may have about the improvement of M4Reactor to the Advisory Board meetings or to the Executive Director if the timing of the next Advisory Board meeting is not sufficient to address the issue.
The members of the Advisory Board serve in their role as a volunteer and are not compensated for their efforts. They is also no personal liability for serving on the Advisory Board. There is also no expectation of a member of the advisory board to provide specific donations to M4Reactor.
M4Reactor is currently a program of work under the Tri-County Council Foundation. The foundation has their own Board of Directors to direct the overall foundation.
To assist with the direction of M4Reactor, we have created an Advisory Board. This board is elected and led by the Executive Director of M4Reactor. The Advisory Board will consist of anywhere from 4 to 12 individuals. At such point in time that M4Reactor separates from the Tri-County Council Foundation, we hope this advisory board will provide the foundation for our Board of Directors.
Submit an Item of Consideration (Suggestion Box)
Committees & Teams
NOTE: These groups are not only to be staffed by members of the Board of Advisors. Other members and interested parties should be recruited to work on these teams. However, it is the responsibility of the Board of Advisor leader to bring all proposals to the full Board of Advisors or to the Executive Director.
Space – This team meets to discuss how to improve the space. This includes layout, organization, cleanliness, operating procedures, etc.
Membership – This team meets to review policies and procedures regarding members and students as well as identify any member issues and determine plans of action.
Technology – This team meets to discuss and implement improvements to the technology infrastructure at M4.
Education – This team meets to map the education opportunities and plan new areas of education.
Outreach – This team meets to determine new ways of promoting M4Reactor.
Fundraising – This team meets to develop and implement fundraising campaigns.
Services – This team meets to develop new service offerings of M4Reactor.
Volunteer Coordinators – This team meets to discuss volunteer recruitment and retention, scheduling and responsibilities.
NOTE: The Executive Director will be working to provide assistance on all these teams be it in the form of volunteers, interns or other interested parties.